Moderate Christian Blog Aggregator
This blog aggregator is open to any blog that fits a few basic rules. For more information see Moderate Christian Blog Aggregator Standards.
Note that this aggregator was started August 12, 2006. Keep returning as we add new blogs.
The list below shows the most recent entries from sites in the aggregator. Sites that are less frequently updated will not appear here as frequently. To look at the range of sites covered, the link above will allow you to browse by site.
Warning: MagpieRSS: Failed to parse RSS file. (not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1, column 336) in /home/energion/public_html/php/rss_fetch.inc on line 238
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/energion/public_html/mcb/agg_util.php on line 78
Warning: MagpieRSS: Failed to parse RSS file. (mismatched tag at line 47, column 93) in /home/energion/public_html/php/rss_fetch.inc on line 238
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/energion/public_html/mcb/agg_util.php on line 78
- Light Our World >> Apartment dwellers again
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 12:56:36 -0500
Once again we have become apartment dwellers. We are going on our 2nd week and for the most part all is well. Every situation has its ups and downs. There are things that you love and there are things that you do not like. Those things you do not like are usually outside of your […]
- Heaven's Highway >> Maundy Thursday Homily
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 12:24:00 -0500
We've all been in cars with our families, going on a long road trip, when one of the wee voices from the back seat asks that most dreaded of all questions: ?Are we there yet?? No matter what we tell our kids, nieces and nephews, or grandkids, we all know that from that moment on till we reach our destination, the question will be asked more than several times. By the end of the journey, we will be both weary and extremely thankful that everything is over.
Some pastors and priests experience the same
- Light Our World >> Evernote to OneNote adventure
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 12:13:39 -0500
For several years I have been a fan of Evernote. I was so much of a fan, that I considered myself a fan boy. I was an Evernote evangelist. Everyone that I met that might have a need to manage data, I would introduce them to this wonderful program. I became a fan boy of […]
- The Englewood Review of Books >> ERB Weekly Digest ? April 18, 2014 ? David Fitch, Rachel Stone, Easter, MORE
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 11:43:19 -0500
Significant Scholarship Funding is still available for the Summer Institute of Duke Divinity School’s Center For Reconciliation! June 2-7 – Durham, NC More info: http://divinity.duke.edu/summer-institute Kindle Ebook Bargain… Scripture and the Authority of God by NT Wright Only $2.99! http://bit.ly/NTWright-Scripture Reviews, etc. posted this week on The Englewood Review of [...]
- Christian Personal Finance >> 24 Excellent Scriptures about Business
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 11:00:39 -0500
I did some digging to find some scriptures about business, because I want to do business the right way. So whether you are a business owner, an employee of a business, or just buy stuff from businesses (that covers just about all of us ? right?) there is some wisdom to be received from these scriptures.
- Sunday's Child >> Reflection on readings for April 18
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 07:00:00 -0500
Glorious things are spoken of you,
O city of God.
As a tax collector, Zacchaeus would have been viewed as a collaborator with the occupier. Yet, Jesus invites himself over to his house. How shocked should we be? After all, in last week's Gospel passage, Luke 18:9-14, Jesus declared a tax collector to be justified but not the religious person who was proud of being religious.
But, Zacchaeus is also rich, and as
- Prayers for Special Help >> Apr 18, Prayer for financial stabilization
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 04:24:53 -0500
I'm a parent of 5 kids with a fiancé that also has 3 kids. We live on a fixed income. And our oldest n youngest 2 which are autistic which require more
- Half Baked Lobster >> Building A Child?s Literacy Through The Bible
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 03:50:37 -0500
If you are interested in building literacy through the bible be sure to check out my resources. They are extensive resources that use scripture to increase the reading level of any child. Our focus is third through sixth grade. Check it out here In a recent post teaching kids the new testament I spoke about breaking […]
- Our Rabbi Jesus >> Dayenu Wisdom for Holy Week
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 03:41:41 -0500
If you’ve ever been part of a traditional Passover, you’ve sung a song called Dayenu (die-AY-nu). You may think of it as an upbeat children’s song, but its actually an ancient liturgy that brims over with profound wisdom. The earliest known copy dates from before 900 AD, and some scholars think it’s far older than […]
- Light Our World >> Introducing the Boogie Board
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 02:49:42 -0500
Ok, so the Boogie Board may not be new to you. It is new to me, thanks to my boss giving it to me yesterday during her visit to my office. I must say this is a slick gizmo to use. How many times have you desperately been searching all over the place for a […]
- John Meunier's Blog >> Paul on Easter
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 02:33:07 -0500
Some words from Paul on the significance of the resurrection. Romans 1:1-4 Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle and set apart fro the gospel of God — the gospel he promised beforehand through his prophets in the Holy Scriptures regarding his Son, who as to his earthly life was a […]
- Prayers for Special Help >> Apr 18, Please provide us with a financial blessing
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 02:23:23 -0500
Please please provide us with a financial blessing. Our bank is taking advantage and has charged so many fees we are falling behind. We cannot pay our
- Prayers for Special Help >> Apr 18, Lord, please bring my husband back home
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 02:23:10 -0500
Lord, please bring my husband back home to be with his family and save our marriage. I ask that u fill his heart with his love for me all over again and
- Prayers for Special Help >> Apr 18, I request a prayer for my marriage
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 02:22:41 -0500
I request a prayer for my marriage. We have been through so much in the past. A past that yet haunts us. And also people who yet get in our way of our
- Prayers for Special Help >> Apr 18, Please cure me dear Lord
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 02:22:20 -0500
Dear Lord please forgive me my sins. Please do not look on my with judgement but keep me in the light of your love and the love of your most sacred heart.
- Prayers for Special Help >> Apr 18, All I have ever wanted all my life, Lord
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 02:22:08 -0500
Dear Heavenly Father,, I like to use the father, as I have never had a relationship with my father. I was married very young and had my son very young.
- Prayers for Special Help >> Apr 18, Prayer for immediate financial miracle breakthrough
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 02:21:01 -0500
Dear Lord, I pray for a immediate financial breakthrough.I urgently need the money to clear all my debts. I know Ive done wrong for not managing my finance
- Prayers for Special Help >> Apr 18, Jesus name I pray that I will see
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 02:18:14 -0500
Dear Lord I know at times I can be certain about your plans for me, I have some much on my minds these days from finances, relationship, family and friends.
- Prayers for Special Help >> Apr 18, Dear Lord, I come to You in prayer
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 01:56:01 -0500
Dear Lord, I come to You in prayer to lift up each individual on this earth. May all those be blessed that deserve it, may those be blessed that need it,
- Prayers for Special Help >> Apr 18, I am in so much pain that I cannot move on, Lord
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 01:55:40 -0500
Dear Lord God, I know i have done things that are wrong. I know i am not perfect but i tried my best to do the things that i think is good. Lord forgive
- Prayers for Special Help >> Apr 18, Prayer for employment and help a broken relationship
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 01:55:02 -0500
Please pray for me that I will be able to find the job that God wants me to have. I have been without work for almost 6 months. I'm over qualified for
- ACGheen: Evangelism Centered Materials for Teens and Young A >> Contender to the Throne
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 01:00:17 -0500
My first car was a 1972 Lincoln Mark IV. While it?s been years since I last sat on its slightly worn emerald green leather seats, I still remember it with fondness. Like Gaston in Disney?s ?Beauty and the Beast?, it was ?roughly the size of a barge? and, due to its pale yellow exterior, was […]
- Prayers for Special Help >> Apr 17, Prayer he realizes how much I mean to him
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 12:50:25 -0500
Dear Lord, I pray that you help my boyfriend realize how much he really does love me and takes me back. I know things are complicated and we shouldn't
- Prayers for Special Help >> Apr 17, May you help change his heart
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 12:49:55 -0500
dear st jude i put my prayer to you, that you Come to mine assistance in this great need, that I may receive your miracle for i have lost my boyfriend
- Prayers for Special Help >> Apr 17, Prayer for my friend fighting cancer
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 12:44:07 -0500
Jesus, Mary and Joseph I pray to you to cure my friend Joy's cancer with your healing light. She needs strength to fight this battle, please give her the
- Prayers for Special Help >> Apr 17, I need a miracle only you can provide, Lord
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 12:44:00 -0500
God Please give me another chance to walk the right path, to fix my marriage, to be a better mother, to stay out of jail for the rest of my life. Only
- Prayers for Special Help >> Apr 17, PleasPlease pray for truth, just and strength for me in dealing with this.
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 12:43:32 -0500
My girls moved out this summer with their father who has been less than a parent than trying to tame the zoo with them! Tomorrow we go to court regarding
- Prayers for Special Help >> Apr 17, Prayer for My Sick I felt, Sorrows and Peace of Mind
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 12:42:46 -0500
Lord i am asking for forgiveness, I fell uncomfortable now, i felt doubt to my self and please give me a clarity or peace of mind lord God that you may
- Prayers for Special Help >> Apr 17, Prayer for spiritual and financial guidance
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 12:41:55 -0500
Dear partners in Christ, I pray today that God provide me with the finances I need to pay the bills so they want be disconnected. I pray that God give
- Prayers for Special Help >> Apr 17, I humbly ask for your intercession in the selling of my home
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 12:41:41 -0500
Dear St Joseph, I humbly ask for your intercession in the selling of my home. It's been over a year and I have been patient. I know that God's plan
- Prayers for Special Help >> Apr 17, Special Prayer for my daughter P
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 12:41:23 -0500
Dear God, I ask in your name to help me have the right tools and guidance for my youngest child is troubled. I know she needs me and she is missing something
- Prayers for Special Help >> Apr 17, Prayer for healing of my broken heart and forgiveness my husband infidelity
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 12:41:05 -0500
Heavenly Father, I pray my husband will be patient and a man of peace. I pray that he will not give in to anger, but will allow the Holy Spirit to control
- Prayers for Special Help >> Apr 17, Prayes for my dear pet Maggie
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 12:40:47 -0500
She is such a wonderful dog, she brings my dad such joy and company as my mom has passed and it is just him , shen and maggie.. maggie has had a tough
- Prayers for Special Help >> Apr 17, A Conversation with God
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 12:26:42 -0500
Dear God, You are the Most High. Lord, we thank You for every blessings you have bestowed upon us. In our times of trials and tribulations, Lord, we humbly
- Prayers for Special Help >> Apr 17, Prayer for my need of money for me and my two kids
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 12:26:05 -0500
Desperately in need of money for me and my two kids we are struggling to make ends meet we sometimes have to beg for money to put gas in car and food on
- Prayers for Special Help >> Apr 17, Prayer to get out of debt and to support my fiancé do may marriage
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 12:24:57 -0500
Oh Lord, i am i a serious financial problem because, i was extravagant and foolish,i hardly have a balance meal with my family because of debts. my fiancé
- Prayers for Special Help >> Apr 17, Dear Heavenly Father, you know the prayers of ours hearts
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 12:24:32 -0500
Dear Heavenly Father, you know the prayers of ours hearts. We come to you whole heartily asking that you grant us the greatest gift of all, the conception
- Prayers for Special Help >> Apr 17, Prayer for a young marriage in need of saving
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 12:23:53 -0500
Dear God Please Lord, please give me the strength to fight for my marriage. Please give me the ability to forgive my husband for his faults and the ability
- Prayers for Special Help >> Apr 17, Prayer for Marriage reconciliation in tough times
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 12:23:35 -0500
Dear Almighty God, You have blessed me with a loving and caring wife, a woman who has always made sacrifices and has been with me through good and very
- Prayers for Special Help >> Apr 17, Lord I will like to thank you in advance
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 12:23:26 -0500
Lord I will like to thank you in advance for restoring the marriage of my daughter and her husband.And for giving them understanding about their roles
- Prayers for Special Help >> Apr 17, Bless me in my time, forgive my sins I repent
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 12:22:54 -0500
Bless me in my time, forgive my sins I repent. Bless me in my life of hardship time for hardness that I'm going through in my life.. I try to make a way
- Prayers for Special Help >> Apr 17, Pleas pray for my friend's debt problem
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 12:21:30 -0500
Dear my beloved brother and sister in Jesus Christ, can anyone pray for my friend? She has the financial crisis and she has to sale her land urgently!!
- John Meunier's Blog >> Binding and loosing
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 10:16:32 -0500
Jeremy Smith, an always engaging and frequently provocative United Methodist blogger, argues in this post that Matthew 16:9 and 18:18 give the church the authority to determine what is sin and what is not. Smith bases his argument on New Testament scholar Mark Alan Powell’s assessment of the rabbinical meaning of binding and loosing and […]
- Kouya Chronicle >> No! I don?t Want to Receive Prayer!
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 09:43:38 -0500
Prayer is important and it's probably worth avoiding sloppy language that expresses things that really aren't true. Readers who viewed this page, also viewed:Is it time to stop sending missionaries from the West?Praying for Missionaries 6Praying for Missionaries 5
- Of Dust and Kings >> Empty Spaces: How To Find Hope In The Void
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 09:03:26 -0500
?Cutesy? Christianity annoys me.
Admittedly, this is my own hangup, but it simply feels? hollow. There is this unacknowledged pressure for Christians to have to pretty things up when it comes to Jesus, as if slapping on a coat of pretty pink paint suddenly makes the reality of this world?s suffering disappear.
Maybe it?s because this isn?t my story. My story is the opposite: life was ?fine? before I knew Christ. It was after my conversion that everything fell apart. Yet in the midst of this, I
- John Meunier's Blog >> Acts on Easter
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 08:39:39 -0500
Some quotes from the Book of Acts about the significance of Easter. Acts 2:32, 36 God has raised this Jesus to life; and we are all witnesses of it … Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Messiah. Acts 4:10-12 then know this, you […]
- John Meunier's Blog >> Why did Jesus die?
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 08:14:35 -0500
And this question, both infidels are accustomed to bring up against us, ridiculing Christian simplicity as absurd; and many believers ponder it in their hearts; for what cause or necessity, in sooth, God became man, and by his own death, as we believe and affirm, restored life to the world; when he might have done […]
- Forgotten Voices >> 3 little words. 1 big impact.
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 07:00:58 -0500
“For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in. I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick …
- Sunday's Child >> Reflection on readings for April 17
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 07:00:00 -0500
Incline your ear, O Lord, and answer me,
for I am poor and needy.
Gladden the heart of your servant,
for to you, O Lord, I lift up my soul.
(Psalm 86:1, 4)
Caleb offers his daughter Achsah as a wife to the man who can successfully oust the inhabitant of a piece of land that had been designated as his. Othniel took the land and Caleb gave him Achsah. She then asked her father for more land--a field with springs.
- Our Two Mites >> Facing the Darkness of Golgotha
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 06:53:33 -0500
(This blog aggregator uses MagpieRSS)
What I mean by Moderate Christian Theology
By "moderate Christian theology" I mean the doctrinal views of those who are moderate, relaxed, and open in how they deal with the world, but who take the Christian religion and Christian spirituality seriously. They will have an interest in the Bible, but will not be dogmatic and will also be interested in interfaith dialog and will not pressure their neighbors. Their primary form of witness is by their life, but they do not hide the fact that they are Christians. They let their light shine through deeds first, then words, and even through signs.
Search the web:
Search the Energion site family: